Our dentists and team have always made maintaining a safe and clean environment for our patients a priority. We want you to feel comfortable in our office and confident in the care you receive and in your safety while with us. Dr. Henry Lee’s background working with infectious disease at the NIH and in graduate school has ensured that our practice has always been a leader in implementing effective sterilization and infection control measures. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional protocols for your health and safety.
Our practice features advanced, medical-grade HEPA air purifiers in all our operatories to remove as many pathogens from the air as possible. We have also enhanced procedures for patient and staff protection in accordance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association® (ADA) and the State of Maryland.
COVID-19 Screening Questions
If you answer YES to the following questions, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Have you traveled outside the U.S. to an area with COVID-19 present in the past 14 days?
- Have you exhibited fever, signs of respiratory illness, coughing or difficulty breathing in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with individuals who are suspected to have COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact or do you live with anyone who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 (see question #2)?
- Have you been in a large gathering or crowded airport (greater than 50 people) in the past 14 days?
Sterilization & Infection Control Policies
In addition to standard infection control measures, our team also:
- Routinely cleans and disinfects public areas, such as the reception area and bathrooms.
- Has set up hand sanitizing stations throughout the office.
- Requires patients to rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash prior to receiving treatment.
- Requires both patients and staff to wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
Please maintain a distance of six feet from others if possible.
If our reception room is crowded, you may wait in your car, and we will notify you via a call or text message or send one of our team members to get you.
We understand that your decision to seek dental care is personal and that many factors may be involved. Our practice is committed to providing the highest standards of dental health care, welfare, comfort and safety. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and other health guidelines to ensure that we are up to date with the latest recommendations and guidelines for your health and safety.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Henry Lee or Dr. Alex Lee, our dentists in Olney, Maryland, please contact our office at 301-774-2474.